China urges North Korea over its diplomats` safety
Beijing: China has asked Pyongyang to ensure safety of its diplomats amid rising tension on the Korean peninsula, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
"Tensions on the Korean peninsula are unceasingly rising at present and China expresses its grave concern over this."
North Korea reportedly moved two missiles capable of striking the US Pacific territory of Guam onto mobile launch pads on Friday and advised foreign embassies to consider pulling staff out of Pyongyang.
Tensions began to rise on the Korean Peninsula after international sanctions were imposed on North Korea in response to a long-range rocket launch in December, which world powers condemned as a ballistic missile test.
North Korea responded by carrying out a third nuclear test in February, which was followed by more sanctions.
North Korea has threatened pre-emptive nuclear strikes against the US mainland and US military bases in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred