China urges North Korea over its diplomats` safety
Beijing: China has asked Pyongyang to ensure safety of its diplomats amid rising tension on the Korean peninsula, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
"Tensions on the Korean peninsula are unceasingly rising at present and China expresses its grave concern over this."
North Korea reportedly moved two missiles capable of striking the US Pacific territory of Guam onto mobile launch pads on Friday and advised foreign embassies to consider pulling staff out of Pyongyang.
Tensions began to rise on the Korean Peninsula after international sanctions were imposed on North Korea in response to a long-range rocket launch in December, which world powers condemned as a ballistic missile test.
North Korea responded by carrying out a third nuclear test in February, which was followed by more sanctions.
North Korea has threatened pre-emptive nuclear strikes against the US mainland and US military bases in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list