China, US discuss bilateral ties
Washington: Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan on Thursday discussed bilateral ties with US President Barack Obama at the White House.
Wang stressed the importance of building a new type of relations between major countries, saying that the two countries should constantly enrich and expand the connotation of the bilateral relations and translate their consensus and intentions into policies and actions, reported Xinhua.
The party, government and leaders of China highly value the development of the relations with the US and look forward to developing economic and trade cooperation with the US towards a wider range and a higher level, he said.
Bilateral trade volume has approached USD 500 billion.
China is willing to discuss the ways to maintain and perfect the economic dialogue mechanism with the US under the new situation, Wang said.
Obama said the energetic, frank and fruitful relations between the US and China should be continued during his second term.
Against the backdrop of global economic downturn, promoting energetic and effective economic relations is still the core of the US-China relations, Obama said.
The two sides should seize the opportunities and promote dialogues in the field of economy, he said, adding that sincere and frank dialogues would benefit the bilateral relations.
Obama also said he is looking forward to meeting with Xi Jinping, the general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?