China, US discuss military ties
Beijing: Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie Tuesday met visiting US Secretary of Navy Ray Mabus and called for deeper mutual trust between the two militaries.
Liang said China will always advocate an "active, sincere and practical attitude with friendliness" and that the two militaries should manage disparities when conflicts appear, Xinhua reported.
Mabus said the US Navy will continue to cooperate with the Chinese side to counter piracy. The two officials also discussed maritime security.
This is the first time Mabus has visited China. During his four-day tour, he will also travel to Ningbo city in east China to visit a new Chinese frigate and conventional-powered submarine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!