China, US discuss military ties
Beijing: Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie Tuesday met visiting US Secretary of Navy Ray Mabus and called for deeper mutual trust between the two militaries.
Liang said China will always advocate an "active, sincere and practical attitude with friendliness" and that the two militaries should manage disparities when conflicts appear, Xinhua reported.
Mabus said the US Navy will continue to cooperate with the Chinese side to counter piracy. The two officials also discussed maritime security.
This is the first time Mabus has visited China. During his four-day tour, he will also travel to Ningbo city in east China to visit a new Chinese frigate and conventional-powered submarine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown