China, US discuss military ties
Beijing: Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie Tuesday met visiting US Secretary of Navy Ray Mabus and called for deeper mutual trust between the two militaries.
Liang said China will always advocate an "active, sincere and practical attitude with friendliness" and that the two militaries should manage disparities when conflicts appear, Xinhua reported.
Mabus said the US Navy will continue to cooperate with the Chinese side to counter piracy. The two officials also discussed maritime security.
This is the first time Mabus has visited China. During his four-day tour, he will also travel to Ningbo city in east China to visit a new Chinese frigate and conventional-powered submarine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth