China, US discuss military ties
Beijing: Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie Tuesday met visiting US Secretary of Navy Ray Mabus and called for deeper mutual trust between the two militaries.
Liang said China will always advocate an "active, sincere and practical attitude with friendliness" and that the two militaries should manage disparities when conflicts appear, Xinhua reported.
Mabus said the US Navy will continue to cooperate with the Chinese side to counter piracy. The two officials also discussed maritime security.
This is the first time Mabus has visited China. During his four-day tour, he will also travel to Ningbo city in east China to visit a new Chinese frigate and conventional-powered submarine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'