China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu
Beijing: China and the US should promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, Chinese President Hu Jintao said here on Thursday.
Hu made the remarks when addressing the opening session of the fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues in Beijing, reported Xinhua.
He called on the two countries to promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific and beyond, and bring the benefits of China-US cooperation to the people of the two countries and the whole world.
He said to build a new type of relations between China and the US, the two sides need to work actively.
He added that the two countries should enhance cooperation in a wide range of areas, and step up coordination on regional and international issues.
During the dialogue, officials are expected to exchange views on how to advance the China-US bilateral cooperative partnership, deepen communication and coordination on macroeconomic policies and major issues in the world economy, boost economic and trade cooperation and enhance communication on international and regional affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors