China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu
Beijing: China and the US should promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, Chinese President Hu Jintao said here on Thursday.
Hu made the remarks when addressing the opening session of the fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues in Beijing, reported Xinhua.
He called on the two countries to promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific and beyond, and bring the benefits of China-US cooperation to the people of the two countries and the whole world.
He said to build a new type of relations between China and the US, the two sides need to work actively.
He added that the two countries should enhance cooperation in a wide range of areas, and step up coordination on regional and international issues.
During the dialogue, officials are expected to exchange views on how to advance the China-US bilateral cooperative partnership, deepen communication and coordination on macroeconomic policies and major issues in the world economy, boost economic and trade cooperation and enhance communication on international and regional affairs.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory