China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu
Beijing: China and the US should promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, Chinese President Hu Jintao said here on Thursday.
Hu made the remarks when addressing the opening session of the fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues in Beijing, reported Xinhua.
He called on the two countries to promote peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific and beyond, and bring the benefits of China-US cooperation to the people of the two countries and the whole world.
He said to build a new type of relations between China and the US, the two sides need to work actively.
He added that the two countries should enhance cooperation in a wide range of areas, and step up coordination on regional and international issues.
During the dialogue, officials are expected to exchange views on how to advance the China-US bilateral cooperative partnership, deepen communication and coordination on macroeconomic policies and major issues in the world economy, boost economic and trade cooperation and enhance communication on international and regional affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'