China vows to support Pak’s sovereignty
Islamabad: China has reiterated its firm resolve to back Pakistan’s efforts to maintain its independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity.
The assurance came during the three-day visit of State Councillor Dai Bingguo, China’s Ambassador to Pakistan Liu Jian said.
Jian said China supports Pakistan’s efforts in maintaining its national stability and unity, developing its economy, and improving people’s livelihood by fully exploiting its geographical location.
Bingguo also called on the international community to recognize Pakistan’s significant contribution in targeting terrorism.
He said the visit aimed to mark the 60th anniversary of Sino-Pak ties, and discuss about augmenting their relations.
“Our two sides have signed 6 agreements including the Supplementary Agreement on Extension of Five Year Development Programme on Trade and Economic Cooperation, and a 10-billion-yuan (1.58 billion US dollars) currency swap agreement between People’s Bank of China and the State Bank of Pakistan,” The Dawn quoted Bingguo, as saying.
“This visit is a tour of friendship, and a tour of cooperation. It’s our firm belief that this visit will further consolidate and strengthen the strategic partnership of cooperation existing between China and Pakistan,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere