China wants harsh punishment for sex crimes
Beijing: A senior judge of China`s Supreme People`s Court has called for "severe" punishment for teachers and others who sexually assault minors.
The court`s vice president, Huang Ermei, made the appeal at a seminar and added that the victims should also be protected.
Heavy penalties should be imposed on those who seriously hurt the physical and mental health of minors, she said.
These include forced prostitution of underage girls, Huang said.
"Severe sentences should be handed down to sexual offences committed by teachers," she said.
China has seen multiple reports of teachers molesting or raping students recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city