China wants more security for tourists in France
Beijing: After a Chinese tour group was robbed in Paris on Wednesday, China on Saturday called for stepped up security for its tourists in France.
Expressing concerns over the safety of Chinese tourists visiting France, an official of the China Tourism Association today urged the French authorities to strengthen the protection of Chinese tourists, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A Chinese tour group with 23 members were robbed in Paris on Wednesday. Their passports, passenger tickets and cash were looted and the group leader was injured.
The association has called for the arrest of those responsible and proper handling of the case as quickly as possible.
More than one million Chinese people visit the European country every year, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi