China wants more security for tourists in France
Beijing: After a Chinese tour group was robbed in Paris on Wednesday, China on Saturday called for stepped up security for its tourists in France.
Expressing concerns over the safety of Chinese tourists visiting France, an official of the China Tourism Association today urged the French authorities to strengthen the protection of Chinese tourists, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A Chinese tour group with 23 members were robbed in Paris on Wednesday. Their passports, passenger tickets and cash were looted and the group leader was injured.
The association has called for the arrest of those responsible and proper handling of the case as quickly as possible.
More than one million Chinese people visit the European country every year, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan