China wants more security for tourists in France
Beijing: After a Chinese tour group was robbed in Paris on Wednesday, China on Saturday called for stepped up security for its tourists in France.
Expressing concerns over the safety of Chinese tourists visiting France, an official of the China Tourism Association today urged the French authorities to strengthen the protection of Chinese tourists, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A Chinese tour group with 23 members were robbed in Paris on Wednesday. Their passports, passenger tickets and cash were looted and the group leader was injured.
The association has called for the arrest of those responsible and proper handling of the case as quickly as possible.
More than one million Chinese people visit the European country every year, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India