China wants more security for tourists in France
Beijing: After a Chinese tour group was robbed in Paris on Wednesday, China on Saturday called for stepped up security for its tourists in France.
Expressing concerns over the safety of Chinese tourists visiting France, an official of the China Tourism Association today urged the French authorities to strengthen the protection of Chinese tourists, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A Chinese tour group with 23 members were robbed in Paris on Wednesday. Their passports, passenger tickets and cash were looted and the group leader was injured.
The association has called for the arrest of those responsible and proper handling of the case as quickly as possible.
More than one million Chinese people visit the European country every year, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video