China warns Japan on economic fallout of island row
Beijing: China on Wednesday warned Japan that its decision to purchase disputed islands in the East China Sea would damage the bilateral trade between the two countries.
Japan`s move to purchase the islands called Diaoyu Islands by China and Senkaku by Japan will certainly affect and damage development of economic and trade relations between the two countries, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said today.
"It is not what we wish to see, for which Japan should take full responsibility," MOC spokesman Shen Danyang told a media conference here.
Japan is the third largest trade partner of China after EU and US. The trade relationship between the two countries tripled in the past decade to more than USD 340 billion.
"The farce of buying the Diaoyu Islands seriously violates China`s territorial sovereignty and severely hurts the feelings of the Chinese people, which have aroused strong indignation and opposition across the nation," he said.
Protests demonstrations were held all over China during the past few days and a number of Japanese business have been closed after sporadic attacks.
Many Japanese enterprises have suspended production as agitated Chinese people staged protests to boycott Japanese goods.
Shen voiced support to rational patriotic activities, saying that the ministry will firmly oppose illegal behaviour involving smashing and looting during protests.
"Legitimate interests of foreign companies are under the protection of Chinese laws," Shen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’