China welcomes Indo-US strategic dialogue
Beijing: China on Thursday hoped that the first
ever Indo-US Startegic Dialogue would contribute to the peace
and stability of South Asia.
"We are happy to see normal state to state relations
between India and United States. Hope that the two countries
relations could contribute to peace and stability of South
Asia," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Jiang Yu told a
She was asked to comment on the strategic dialogue
between the two countries.
Meanwhile, the state-run China Daily said in an
article that the India-US strategic dialogue being held by
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and US Secretary Hillary
Clinton in Washington could "put more pressure on China".
"Washington is hosting the first-ever strategic
dialogue between the United States and India in hopes of
forging stronger ties, a move observers say may put more
pressure on China," it quoted Hu Shisheng, a scholar of South
Asia studies at the China Institutes of Contemporary
International Relations, as saying.
Hu said New Delhi hopes to see more dedication to
practical fields such as nuclear cooperation and technology
transfer, while Washington wants its partner to further open
its market and show continual support on the Iranian nuclear
"The US may hope to get from India what it failed to
get from China, and through a strengthened cooperation with
another Asian giant, pressure on China more on many issues,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed