`China won`t seek hegemony, but will hit hard at provocation`
Beijing: China will never seek hegemony or engage in expansion, said a state-run daily adding, however, that the country will "hit back hard at any outside provocation in order to maintain international fairness and justice".
An article in the People`s Daily said: "China will never seek hegemony or engage in expansion. The report to the 18th CPC National Congress has again sent a clear message to the world that China will unswervingly follow the path of peaceful development, and there is no need to worry about China`s rise."
It pointed out that new or key terms in the report like "mankind as a whole", increasing the common interests of the human race, a win-win opening strategy, an independent and peaceful foreign policy, and "being a responsible major power" reflect China`s great determination to promote world peace and development.
"Who will feed China? Will China seek hegemony? Various `China threat` theories have mushroomed after the `sleeping lion` woke up. At the same time, more and more people are talking about China`s contributions and opportunities," the daily said.
The article stressed that since the launch of the reform and opening-up policy, "China has created an economic miracle in a peaceful manner, and maintained overall stability in the process of social transformation, which contributed greatly to the well-being of Chinese and all other people in the world".
It went on to say that from carrying forward the traditional principle of "cherishing peace" to proposing the diplomatic strategy of building a harmonious world, "China has not only become a major engine for global economic growth, but also introduced to the world the concept of `harmony without sameness`."
The daily said that "peaceful devilment" does not mean development without principles, and "must not sacrifice China`s core interests".
"China will continue to safeguard its national sovereignty, security, and interests, and never succumb to any outside pressure. The country does not make trouble, and is not afraid of any trouble. It will hit back hard at any outside provocation in order to maintain international fairness and justice and promote world peace and development," it said.
"At a time when the world remains unstable, China has injected positive energy and confidence into the noisy and impetuous world with a solemn commitment to peaceful development," the article added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune