China’s aircraft carrier undertakes new sea trial
Beijing: The Chinese Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the ongoing sea test of the country`s aircraft carrier is not related to the current regional situation.
Previous sea tests of the aircraft carrier have achieved expected results, and more research tests will be carried out according to preset plans, spokesman Geng Yansheng told a monthly press briefing.
Media reported earlier that China`s aircraft carrier is to begin service this year, but Geng made no comment about this.
China has stressed on many occasions that it maintains a defensive nature in national defence policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations