China’s aircraft carrier undertakes new sea trial
Beijing: The Chinese Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the ongoing sea test of the country`s aircraft carrier is not related to the current regional situation.
Previous sea tests of the aircraft carrier have achieved expected results, and more research tests will be carried out according to preset plans, spokesman Geng Yansheng told a monthly press briefing.
Media reported earlier that China`s aircraft carrier is to begin service this year, but Geng made no comment about this.
China has stressed on many occasions that it maintains a defensive nature in national defence policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident