China’s aircraft carrier undertakes new sea trial
Beijing: The Chinese Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the ongoing sea test of the country`s aircraft carrier is not related to the current regional situation.
Previous sea tests of the aircraft carrier have achieved expected results, and more research tests will be carried out according to preset plans, spokesman Geng Yansheng told a monthly press briefing.
Media reported earlier that China`s aircraft carrier is to begin service this year, but Geng made no comment about this.
China has stressed on many occasions that it maintains a defensive nature in national defence policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers