China`s first aircraft carrier completes crucial tests
Beijing: China`s first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, has completed major and crucial tests during a three-month voyage and returned to its home-port on Sunday.
During the voyage that started on June 11, the refitted carrier witnessed more than 100 sorties of landing and takeoff by various aircraft, including the J-15 carrier-borne fighter, the official Liberation Army Daily (Jiefang ribao) said.
The Liaoning is the first such carrier which is integrating a number of weapon systems, specially the newly developed aircraft.
J-15 fighters took off and landed on the carrier with maximum load and various weapons. Some observers have questioned if J-15 could take off and land on the carrier with a full load of weapons.
The tests have resulted in further improvement of the carrier`s flight control processes, according to the official newspaper of the People`s Liberation Army.
The voyage is the longest and farthest that has been taken by the Liaoning since its maiden voyage, the report said.
It is also the first since it based its home-port in Qingdao in February. The Liaoning is China`s only aircraft carrier in operation. It was refitted based on an unfinished Russian-made carrier and delivered to the navy on September 25, 2012. China plans to develop more carriers in the next few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why