China`s first aircraft carrier docks at port
Beijing: China first aircraft carrier `Liaoning` was Wednesday docked at a military port in Qingado in eastern China, signifying its operational readiness in the midst of tension with Japan over disputed islands.
The aircraft carrier was built following a four-year construction, a Chinese military statement said.
`Liaoning`, which was formally commissioned last year, left the wharf of Dalian ship building company yesterday for Qingdao, it said, adding that the aircraft carrier had conducted tests on its weapon system during the sail.
After its delivery to the People`s Liberation Army Navy on September 25, Liaoning has undergone a series of sailing and technological tests, including the flight of the carrier-borne J-15, the statement added.
Liaoning is expected to be deployed amid military tensions with Japan over disputed islands as well as deepening disputes between China and neighbours in the South China Sea, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read