China`s first aircraft carrier docks at port
Beijing: China first aircraft carrier `Liaoning` was Wednesday docked at a military port in Qingado in eastern China, signifying its operational readiness in the midst of tension with Japan over disputed islands.
The aircraft carrier was built following a four-year construction, a Chinese military statement said.
`Liaoning`, which was formally commissioned last year, left the wharf of Dalian ship building company yesterday for Qingdao, it said, adding that the aircraft carrier had conducted tests on its weapon system during the sail.
After its delivery to the People`s Liberation Army Navy on September 25, Liaoning has undergone a series of sailing and technological tests, including the flight of the carrier-borne J-15, the statement added.
Liaoning is expected to be deployed amid military tensions with Japan over disputed islands as well as deepening disputes between China and neighbours in the South China Sea, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?