China`s first aircraft carrier docks at port
Beijing: China first aircraft carrier `Liaoning` was Wednesday docked at a military port in Qingado in eastern China, signifying its operational readiness in the midst of tension with Japan over disputed islands.
The aircraft carrier was built following a four-year construction, a Chinese military statement said.
`Liaoning`, which was formally commissioned last year, left the wharf of Dalian ship building company yesterday for Qingdao, it said, adding that the aircraft carrier had conducted tests on its weapon system during the sail.
After its delivery to the People`s Liberation Army Navy on September 25, Liaoning has undergone a series of sailing and technological tests, including the flight of the carrier-borne J-15, the statement added.
Liaoning is expected to be deployed amid military tensions with Japan over disputed islands as well as deepening disputes between China and neighbours in the South China Sea, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country