China`s first aircraft carrier ends sea trials
Beijing: A Chinese news agency says the country`s first aircraft carrier has ended its initial sea trials.
China News Agency says the former Soviet carrier completed the five-day trials and returned to the northeastern port of Dalian on Sunday.
Vessels had been barred from entering a small section of the sea off Dalian until Sunday evening.
China started the low-key trials on Wednesday amid concerns among its neighbours about its growing military strength and increasingly assertive claims to disputed territory. China says the carrier is intended for research and training.
China has spent the better part of a decade refurbishing the vessel after it was towed from Ukraine in 1998, minus its engines, weaponry and navigation systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing