China`s first aircraft carrier ends sea trials
Beijing: A Chinese news agency says the country`s first aircraft carrier has ended its initial sea trials.
China News Agency says the former Soviet carrier completed the five-day trials and returned to the northeastern port of Dalian on Sunday.
Vessels had been barred from entering a small section of the sea off Dalian until Sunday evening.
China started the low-key trials on Wednesday amid concerns among its neighbours about its growing military strength and increasingly assertive claims to disputed territory. China says the carrier is intended for research and training.
China has spent the better part of a decade refurbishing the vessel after it was towed from Ukraine in 1998, minus its engines, weaponry and navigation systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?