China`s first aircraft carrier ends sea trials
Beijing: A Chinese news agency says the country`s first aircraft carrier has ended its initial sea trials.
China News Agency says the former Soviet carrier completed the five-day trials and returned to the northeastern port of Dalian on Sunday.
Vessels had been barred from entering a small section of the sea off Dalian until Sunday evening.
China started the low-key trials on Wednesday amid concerns among its neighbours about its growing military strength and increasingly assertive claims to disputed territory. China says the carrier is intended for research and training.
China has spent the better part of a decade refurbishing the vessel after it was towed from Ukraine in 1998, minus its engines, weaponry and navigation systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says