China`s first aircraft carrier undergoes major tests
Beijing: China`s first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, conducted major and crucial tests during a three-month voyage recently, official media said.
The Liaoning returned to its home port in Qingdao Saturday after the voyage, Xinhua reported Sunday.
During the voyage that started June 11, the carrier witnessed more than 100 sorties of landing and takeoff by various aircraft, including the J-15 carrier-borne fighter, the official newspaper of China`s People`s Liberation Army said Sunday.
J-15 fighters took off and landed on the carrier with maximum load and various weapons, the report said.
The tests have resulted in further improvement of the carrier`s flight control processes.
The voyage was the longest and farthest since the Liaoning took to the sea, the report said.
The Liaoning is China`s only aircraft carrier in operation. It was refitted based on an unfinished Russian-made carrier and delivered to the Chinese navy Sep 25, 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living