China`s global image improves: Poll
Beijing: China`s image, which was dented to
some extent following Lhasa riots, has witnessed an
improvement globally, according to a new poll.
Of the 27 countries polled on China under a BBC-sponsored
survey, 41 per cent viewed the nation as having a positive
influence on the world, two points up from the previous year,
while 38 per cent held a negative view, two points down.
A total of 29,000 adults were polled as part of the
Analysts are confident that China`s image will continue
to rise, thanks to the key role the country has played in
helping to pull the world out of economic recession.
In last year`s findings, negative opinions outnumbered
the positive for the first time since the first results were
released in 2005. Lhasa riots and some other incidents had
dented the image of the country to some extent.
In the first fours years, China`s image was relatively
positive, at around 45 per cent, China Daily said.
The survey was conducted by GlobeScan, a
Toronto-based international opinion research consultancy,
together with the Programme on International Policy Attitudes
at the University of Maryland.
Gong Li, an international strategy studies scholar, said
that China`s increasingly important role in global development
and peace "will be recognised by people around the world".
China has sent the largest number of peacekeeping
forces overseas among the five permanent members of the UN
Security Council, Gong said.
Besides, the country`s commitment to reducing carbon
emissions has been well received globally, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks