China`s global image improves: Poll
Beijing: China`s image, which was dented to
some extent following Lhasa riots, has witnessed an
improvement globally, according to a new poll.
Of the 27 countries polled on China under a BBC-sponsored
survey, 41 per cent viewed the nation as having a positive
influence on the world, two points up from the previous year,
while 38 per cent held a negative view, two points down.
A total of 29,000 adults were polled as part of the
Analysts are confident that China`s image will continue
to rise, thanks to the key role the country has played in
helping to pull the world out of economic recession.
In last year`s findings, negative opinions outnumbered
the positive for the first time since the first results were
released in 2005. Lhasa riots and some other incidents had
dented the image of the country to some extent.
In the first fours years, China`s image was relatively
positive, at around 45 per cent, China Daily said.
The survey was conducted by GlobeScan, a
Toronto-based international opinion research consultancy,
together with the Programme on International Policy Attitudes
at the University of Maryland.
Gong Li, an international strategy studies scholar, said
that China`s increasingly important role in global development
and peace "will be recognised by people around the world".
China has sent the largest number of peacekeeping
forces overseas among the five permanent members of the UN
Security Council, Gong said.
Besides, the country`s commitment to reducing carbon
emissions has been well received globally, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!