China`s Hu calls for restraint on Korean peninsula
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Monday said he hoped there would be no reversal of the easing tensions on the Korean peninsula, state media said, citing officials on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit in Seoul.
"At present the situation is very complicated and sensitive. We do not hope to see a reversal of the hard-won momentum of relaxation of tension on the peninsula," Hu said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.
Hu also called on all parties to remain calm and exercise restraint to avoid increasing tensions.
US President Barack Obama on Sunday said Beijing was "turning a blind eye" to North Korea`s nuclear provocations and warned of tighter sanctions if the reclusive state goes ahead with a planned rocket launch next month.
Seoul and Washington say a launch would be a disguised test of a ballistic missile that violates Pyongyang`s latest international commitments. North Korea says it merely wants to put a satellite into orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack