China`s Hu calls for restraint on Korean peninsula
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Monday said he hoped there would be no reversal of the easing tensions on the Korean peninsula, state media said, citing officials on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit in Seoul.
"At present the situation is very complicated and sensitive. We do not hope to see a reversal of the hard-won momentum of relaxation of tension on the peninsula," Hu said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.
Hu also called on all parties to remain calm and exercise restraint to avoid increasing tensions.
US President Barack Obama on Sunday said Beijing was "turning a blind eye" to North Korea`s nuclear provocations and warned of tighter sanctions if the reclusive state goes ahead with a planned rocket launch next month.
Seoul and Washington say a launch would be a disguised test of a ballistic missile that violates Pyongyang`s latest international commitments. North Korea says it merely wants to put a satellite into orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details