China`s Hu calls for restraint on Korean peninsula
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Monday said he hoped there would be no reversal of the easing tensions on the Korean peninsula, state media said, citing officials on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit in Seoul.
"At present the situation is very complicated and sensitive. We do not hope to see a reversal of the hard-won momentum of relaxation of tension on the peninsula," Hu said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.
Hu also called on all parties to remain calm and exercise restraint to avoid increasing tensions.
US President Barack Obama on Sunday said Beijing was "turning a blind eye" to North Korea`s nuclear provocations and warned of tighter sanctions if the reclusive state goes ahead with a planned rocket launch next month.
Seoul and Washington say a launch would be a disguised test of a ballistic missile that violates Pyongyang`s latest international commitments. North Korea says it merely wants to put a satellite into orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj