China`s Hu calls for restraint on Korean peninsula
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Monday said he hoped there would be no reversal of the easing tensions on the Korean peninsula, state media said, citing officials on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit in Seoul.
"At present the situation is very complicated and sensitive. We do not hope to see a reversal of the hard-won momentum of relaxation of tension on the peninsula," Hu said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.
Hu also called on all parties to remain calm and exercise restraint to avoid increasing tensions.
US President Barack Obama on Sunday said Beijing was "turning a blind eye" to North Korea`s nuclear provocations and warned of tighter sanctions if the reclusive state goes ahead with a planned rocket launch next month.
Seoul and Washington say a launch would be a disguised test of a ballistic missile that violates Pyongyang`s latest international commitments. North Korea says it merely wants to put a satellite into orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days