China’s Huawei slams US security risk complaints
Sydney: Chinese tech giant Huawei has criticized US for claiming that the company might be a security risk as trade protectionism that harms consumers.
The comments came as Huawei, which is a maker of network switching gear and smartphones, disclosed details of its 2012 performance in an effort to show transparency and allay security concerns.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, chief financial officer Cathy Meng expressed frustration about US security complaints.
She said that Americans pay about twice what Europeans do for third-and fourth-generation mobile phone service and suggested it was due to impediments to competition, the report said.
At a news conference, Meng said that these measures using trade protectionism to interfere with free competition will ultimately harm the benefits of end users and consumers, it added.
Outside the US, Huawei has grown rapidly in developing countries and is increasing sales in Europe, becoming the first Chinese firm to break into the top ranks of global technology companies.
Meng said that last year’s profit rose 33 percent over 2011 to 15.4 billion yuan on sales of 220.2 billion yuan, adding that still, last year’s profit was less than half 2010’s high of 24.7 billion yuan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?