China`s largest unmanned helicopter becomes operat
Beijing: China`s largest unmanned helicopter has become operational after passing all required flight tests.
The mid-sized remote controlled helicopter has passed all required flight tests and is fully operational in east Shandong province, state-run Xinhua quoted officials as saying.
"The helicopter, capable of flying as high as 3,000 meters at a top speed of 161 km per hour with a payload of 80 kg, can be controlled from a maximum distance of 150 km or programmed to fly automatically," according to Cheng Shenzong, board chairman of Weifang Tianxiang Aerospace Industry Co Ltd, a company that helped develop the aircraft.
The helicopter can be used to conduct geological surveys, as well as aid in emergency rescue operations, aerial photography and forest fire prevention, Cheng said.
At least 15 such helicopters have been ordered for production, Cheng said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!