China`s largest unmanned helicopter becomes operat
Beijing: China`s largest unmanned helicopter has become operational after passing all required flight tests.
The mid-sized remote controlled helicopter has passed all required flight tests and is fully operational in east Shandong province, state-run Xinhua quoted officials as saying.
"The helicopter, capable of flying as high as 3,000 meters at a top speed of 161 km per hour with a payload of 80 kg, can be controlled from a maximum distance of 150 km or programmed to fly automatically," according to Cheng Shenzong, board chairman of Weifang Tianxiang Aerospace Industry Co Ltd, a company that helped develop the aircraft.
The helicopter can be used to conduct geological surveys, as well as aid in emergency rescue operations, aerial photography and forest fire prevention, Cheng said.
At least 15 such helicopters have been ordered for production, Cheng said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen
- India, Iran, Afghan sign strategic Chabahar port pact; PM Modi commits $500 million
- Sexism row in BBL: Chris Gayle hits back heavily at criticisers, says it was just for ‘little fun’
- Economic engagement with Afghanistan, Iran our priority: PM Modi