China`s largest unmanned helicopter enters service
Beijing: The largest unmanned helicopter ever manufactured by China is now in service in Shandong province, authorities said on Thursday.
The mid-sized helicopter has passed all required flight tests and is fully operational, reported Xinhua.
The helicopter, capable of flying as high as 3,000 meters at a top speed of 161 km per hour with a payload of 80 kg, can be controlled from a maximum distance of 150 km or programmed to fly automatically, said Cheng Shenzong, the board chairman of Weifang Tianxiang Aerospace Industry Co Ltd, a company that helped develop the aircraft.
The helicopter can be used to conduct geological surveys, as well as aid in emergency rescue operations, aerial photography and forest fire prevention, Cheng said.
At least 15 such helicopters have been ordered for production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut