China`s `missile man` to head top advisory legislative body
Beijing: China`s "missile man" Yu Zhengsheng, who emerged as one of top seven members of the ruling Communist Party, was on Monday elected as chairman of a key political advisory legislative body, which also entails him to handle Tibet and other minorities issues.
62-year-old Yu, till last year headed the powerful Shanghai branch of the CPC, was elected as the Chairman of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), taking another step toward completing the once-in-a-decade leadership change.
CPPCC is a body with 2200 nominated members, 60 per cent of them were reportedly non CPC members.
Yu ranks number four in the high power seven member CPC Politburo Standing Committee headed by Party General Secretary Xi Jinping, which was elected last year at the Party`s 18th Congress last November.
He had the tag being missile man as he was graduated from Harbin`s Military Engineering Institute with a major in automatic control systems of ballistic missiles specialising in the design of automated missiles.
A loyalist of late reformist leader Deng Xiaoping, Yu worked as deputy director, Research Institute for Promotion and Application of Electronic Technology before he was appointed for various high level political appointments in the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested