China`s `missile man` to head top advisory legislative body
Beijing: China`s "missile man" Yu Zhengsheng, who emerged as one of top seven members of the ruling Communist Party, was on Monday elected as chairman of a key political advisory legislative body, which also entails him to handle Tibet and other minorities issues.
62-year-old Yu, till last year headed the powerful Shanghai branch of the CPC, was elected as the Chairman of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), taking another step toward completing the once-in-a-decade leadership change.
CPPCC is a body with 2200 nominated members, 60 per cent of them were reportedly non CPC members.
Yu ranks number four in the high power seven member CPC Politburo Standing Committee headed by Party General Secretary Xi Jinping, which was elected last year at the Party`s 18th Congress last November.
He had the tag being missile man as he was graduated from Harbin`s Military Engineering Institute with a major in automatic control systems of ballistic missiles specialising in the design of automated missiles.
A loyalist of late reformist leader Deng Xiaoping, Yu worked as deputy director, Research Institute for Promotion and Application of Electronic Technology before he was appointed for various high level political appointments in the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections