China`s `missile man` to head top advisory legislative body
Beijing: China`s "missile man" Yu Zhengsheng, who emerged as one of top seven members of the ruling Communist Party, was on Monday elected as chairman of a key political advisory legislative body, which also entails him to handle Tibet and other minorities issues.
62-year-old Yu, till last year headed the powerful Shanghai branch of the CPC, was elected as the Chairman of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), taking another step toward completing the once-in-a-decade leadership change.
CPPCC is a body with 2200 nominated members, 60 per cent of them were reportedly non CPC members.
Yu ranks number four in the high power seven member CPC Politburo Standing Committee headed by Party General Secretary Xi Jinping, which was elected last year at the Party`s 18th Congress last November.
He had the tag being missile man as he was graduated from Harbin`s Military Engineering Institute with a major in automatic control systems of ballistic missiles specialising in the design of automated missiles.
A loyalist of late reformist leader Deng Xiaoping, Yu worked as deputy director, Research Institute for Promotion and Application of Electronic Technology before he was appointed for various high level political appointments in the CPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them