China`s naval fleet enters South China Sea for patrolling
Beijing: A fleet of Chinese naval ships has entered the disputed South China Sea for patrol and training missions to assert Chinese sovereignty over the waters.
"A Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy fleet has entered the country`s territorial waters in the South China Sea for patrol and training missions," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted a military official as saying.
Comprising the missile destroyer Qingdao and the missile frigates Yantai and Yancheng, the fleet entered the South China Sea after passing through Bashi channel.
Located between Taiwan and the Philippines` Luzon Island, the Bashi Channel is an international sea route linking the South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean, the report said.
The three ships, all from the North China Sea Fleet of the PLA Navy, are scheduled to carry out patrol missions and multi-type training exercises in the South China Sea over the next few days, the report said.
The PLA Navy fleet departed Qingdao in east China on Tuesday for high-sea training exercises and patrol missions.
China claims entire South China Sea as its territorial waters.
Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan questioned Chinese claims and have been protesting Chinese aggressive posturing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- 'Ready to clutch a beer' says UK's first double hand transplant patient!- Watch
- Can you beat that! Digvijay Singh in Below Poverty Line list
- Donald Trump's speech at Cleveland offered fear, anger but no solutions: Hillary Clinton
- Significance of celebrating Sankashti Chaturthi!