China`s negotiator of Sino-India boundary dispute retires
Beijing: Dai Bingguo, China`s long standing negotiator of Sino-India boundary dispute, retired on Saturday as the new administration headed by President Xi Jinping took over power.
As Special Representative of China, Dai, 71 conducted 15 rounds boundary talks with several Indian officials, including Brajesh Mishra, J N Dixit, M K Narayanan and present National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.
Dai ensured that details of the progress achieved between the two countries in 15 rounds of talks were recorded by both sides to avoid any confusion between the two sides, specially for his successor and former Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.
During the Dai`s time the two countries also worked out a new boundary mechanism to avoid any clashes between the forces of the two countries while patrolling the disputed border regions.
India asserts that the border dispute covered about 4000 km, while China claims that it confined to about 2000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand