China`s negotiator of Sino-India boundary dispute retires
Beijing: Dai Bingguo, China`s long standing negotiator of Sino-India boundary dispute, retired on Saturday as the new administration headed by President Xi Jinping took over power.
As Special Representative of China, Dai, 71 conducted 15 rounds boundary talks with several Indian officials, including Brajesh Mishra, J N Dixit, M K Narayanan and present National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.
Dai ensured that details of the progress achieved between the two countries in 15 rounds of talks were recorded by both sides to avoid any confusion between the two sides, specially for his successor and former Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.
During the Dai`s time the two countries also worked out a new boundary mechanism to avoid any clashes between the forces of the two countries while patrolling the disputed border regions.
India asserts that the border dispute covered about 4000 km, while China claims that it confined to about 2000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug