`China`s neighbours concerned about its rising power`
Washington: China`s neighbours want strong economic and cooperative relations with it, but they all are concerned about Beijing`s rising power, a top American intelligence official has said.
"All of China`s neighbours want strong economic and cooperative relations with China, but they`re concerned about China`s rising power and have a renewed interest in the alliances and arrangements that they`ve had with the United States and, to some extent, with each other, but often through the United States as kind of the hub of the wheel, if you will," said the National Intelligence Council (NIC) Chairman Christopher Kojm.
Kojm was speaking at the Security Policy Forum on "Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds," a New Report by the NIC.
Refraining to get into policy lane, Kojm said there is little doubt that how the US and China address the many questions before them will have a profound impact on any of these scenarios and, related to that, how China deals with its neighbors and neighborhood.
"At the end of the day, for all these scenarios, human agency really matters, and human agency makes all the difference. So the decisions that our leaders, that China`s leaders, that leaders across the Asia-Pacific make and the decisions they`re able to make within the confines of the political space they inhabit will make all the different know. The word is yet unwritten here," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir