China`s nuclear chief under scanner for "grave" indiscipline
Beijing: The head of China`s civilian and military nuclear programmes is under investigation for alleged corruption, the ruling Communist Party said here Wednesday.
Kang Rixin, general manager of the state-run China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), is under investigation for alleged "grave violations of discipline", a statement from the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee said.
The party did not provide details about the allegations against Kang, who is also a member of the elite CPC Central Committee since October 2007.
The term "grave violations of discipline" is usually used by the CPC while referring to corruption cases.
Kang has been the general manager and party secretary at the state-owned CNNC since 2003.
The CNNC is comprised of more than 100 subsidiary companies and institutes.
As the main investor and the biggest owner of nuclear power plants across China, it performs research and development as well as construction in fields such as nuclear
electricity production, nuclear fuels and nuclear technology application, according to the corporation`s Web site.
Action against Kang came a day after a state-run newspaper said that Chinese people consider prostitutes more trustworthy than government officials and scientists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown