China`s nuclear chief under scanner for "grave" indiscipline
Beijing: The head of China`s civilian and military nuclear programmes is under investigation for alleged corruption, the ruling Communist Party said here Wednesday.
Kang Rixin, general manager of the state-run China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), is under investigation for alleged "grave violations of discipline", a statement from the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee said.
The party did not provide details about the allegations against Kang, who is also a member of the elite CPC Central Committee since October 2007.
The term "grave violations of discipline" is usually used by the CPC while referring to corruption cases.
Kang has been the general manager and party secretary at the state-owned CNNC since 2003.
The CNNC is comprised of more than 100 subsidiary companies and institutes.
As the main investor and the biggest owner of nuclear power plants across China, it performs research and development as well as construction in fields such as nuclear
electricity production, nuclear fuels and nuclear technology application, according to the corporation`s Web site.
Action against Kang came a day after a state-run newspaper said that Chinese people consider prostitutes more trustworthy than government officials and scientists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority