`China`s rise no threat to world`
Johannesburg: Although Beijing has commissioned its first aircraft carrier, China poses no threat to any country in the world, News Agencies said Wednesday.
On Tuesday, China`s first aircraft carrier was delivered and commissioned to the navy after years of refitting and repeated sea trials, News Agencies reported.
In an editorial carried by South Africa`s Business Day newspaper, Kobus Van der Wath wrote that the launch of the aircraft carrier "serves as a marker on China`s drive to build a blue-water navy" and that it is "seen as a symbol of a rising China assuming its rightful place on the high sea".
Van der Wath is the managing director of Beijing Axis, an international organization known for its business and support services related to investment and mining in China and Africa.
"China`s muscular rise is only a reassertion of its rightful position among the world nations, given that the country has the world`s largest population and second-largest economy," he wrote.
However, the aircraft carrier "would pose no threat to any country in the world, and it is unarmed and has no aircraft".
"The Chinese world view is heavily seasoned by the belief that its global power and influence is far less than it could and should be," the expert said.
He said that the history of China`s naval exploration proves that the country "has never launched sea invasion into any country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest