`China`s rise no threat to world`
Johannesburg: Although Beijing has commissioned its first aircraft carrier, China poses no threat to any country in the world, News Agencies said Wednesday.
On Tuesday, China`s first aircraft carrier was delivered and commissioned to the navy after years of refitting and repeated sea trials, News Agencies reported.
In an editorial carried by South Africa`s Business Day newspaper, Kobus Van der Wath wrote that the launch of the aircraft carrier "serves as a marker on China`s drive to build a blue-water navy" and that it is "seen as a symbol of a rising China assuming its rightful place on the high sea".
Van der Wath is the managing director of Beijing Axis, an international organization known for its business and support services related to investment and mining in China and Africa.
"China`s muscular rise is only a reassertion of its rightful position among the world nations, given that the country has the world`s largest population and second-largest economy," he wrote.
However, the aircraft carrier "would pose no threat to any country in the world, and it is unarmed and has no aircraft".
"The Chinese world view is heavily seasoned by the belief that its global power and influence is far less than it could and should be," the expert said.
He said that the history of China`s naval exploration proves that the country "has never launched sea invasion into any country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you