China`s top court orders executions of six drug peddlers
Beijing: A top Chinese court on Friday ordered the executions of six drug peddlers, taking the total number of people sent to gallows within this week to 12.
The Supreme People Court announced the executions of six criminals in four separate drug cases just ahead of tomorrow`s International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, Xinhua news agency reported.
The six other were executed yesterday in China`s southeast Fujian Province.
In one case that occurred in southwestern Sichuan Province, Xia Zhijun and He Pingquan, in cooperation with others, manufactured more than 320 kilograms of Ketamine in 2007.
Officials confiscated more than 280 kilograms, along with a gun and 14 bullets.
According to a statement released by the court, Xia and He were given the death penalty as they committed severe crimes by making "a huge amount" of Ketamine, some of which already had been distributed to the public, and illegally carried guns, thus causing extremely great harm to society.
In another case in southern Yunnan Province, Zhu Yufeng and Wang Zhengyuan were executed for organising the cross-border smuggling of 35 kilograms of methamphetamine and 38.161 kilograms from Myanmar in 2008.
In the third case, Liu Wei was convicted of manufacturing and selling some 160 kilograms of liquid heroine, it being enough for about 50,000 injections in 2006 and 2007 in northeastern Liaoning Province.
In addition, Li Dezhong was found to have sold 32.1 kilograms of Ketamine along with 197.3 grams of methamphetamine and 450 grams of marijuana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!