China’s Xi Jinping calls for powerful missile force
Beijing: The Chinese military has been ordered to build a powerful and technological missile force by Xi Jinping, the newly elected chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi, also newly elected general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, made the comments Wednesday while meeting delegates at the 8th Party congress of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA)`s Second Artillery Force, reported Xinhua.
The artillery force is the core strength of China`s strategic deterrence, the strategic support for the country`s status as a major power, and an important cornerstone safeguarding national security, Xi said.
The party and military leader stressed the absolute CPC leadership over the military, and called for promoting the PLA`s glory, fine traditions and working styles, in order to ensure the army`s "absolute loyalty, purity and reliability".
The authority of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission should be consciously safeguarded, and the military should "keep pace with" the leadership in ideology, politics and actions, Xi said.
The military "should absolutely follow the command of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission at any time and under any circumstances", he said.
Xi also ordered the training of special personnel on joint operations, information-based management and missile technologies.
The security and stability of the military should be ensured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir