China’s Xi Jinping calls for powerful missile force
Beijing: The Chinese military has been ordered to build a powerful and technological missile force by Xi Jinping, the newly elected chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi, also newly elected general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, made the comments Wednesday while meeting delegates at the 8th Party congress of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA)`s Second Artillery Force, reported Xinhua.
The artillery force is the core strength of China`s strategic deterrence, the strategic support for the country`s status as a major power, and an important cornerstone safeguarding national security, Xi said.
The party and military leader stressed the absolute CPC leadership over the military, and called for promoting the PLA`s glory, fine traditions and working styles, in order to ensure the army`s "absolute loyalty, purity and reliability".
The authority of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission should be consciously safeguarded, and the military should "keep pace with" the leadership in ideology, politics and actions, Xi said.
The military "should absolutely follow the command of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission at any time and under any circumstances", he said.
Xi also ordered the training of special personnel on joint operations, information-based management and missile technologies.
The security and stability of the military should be ensured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees