China’s Xi Jinping calls for powerful missile force
Beijing: The Chinese military has been ordered to build a powerful and technological missile force by Xi Jinping, the newly elected chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi, also newly elected general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, made the comments Wednesday while meeting delegates at the 8th Party congress of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA)`s Second Artillery Force, reported Xinhua.
The artillery force is the core strength of China`s strategic deterrence, the strategic support for the country`s status as a major power, and an important cornerstone safeguarding national security, Xi said.
The party and military leader stressed the absolute CPC leadership over the military, and called for promoting the PLA`s glory, fine traditions and working styles, in order to ensure the army`s "absolute loyalty, purity and reliability".
The authority of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission should be consciously safeguarded, and the military should "keep pace with" the leadership in ideology, politics and actions, Xi said.
The military "should absolutely follow the command of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission at any time and under any circumstances", he said.
Xi also ordered the training of special personnel on joint operations, information-based management and missile technologies.
The security and stability of the military should be ensured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand