China’s Xi Jinping calls for powerful missile force
Beijing: The Chinese military has been ordered to build a powerful and technological missile force by Xi Jinping, the newly elected chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi, also newly elected general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, made the comments Wednesday while meeting delegates at the 8th Party congress of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA)`s Second Artillery Force, reported Xinhua.
The artillery force is the core strength of China`s strategic deterrence, the strategic support for the country`s status as a major power, and an important cornerstone safeguarding national security, Xi said.
The party and military leader stressed the absolute CPC leadership over the military, and called for promoting the PLA`s glory, fine traditions and working styles, in order to ensure the army`s "absolute loyalty, purity and reliability".
The authority of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission should be consciously safeguarded, and the military should "keep pace with" the leadership in ideology, politics and actions, Xi said.
The military "should absolutely follow the command of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission at any time and under any circumstances", he said.
Xi also ordered the training of special personnel on joint operations, information-based management and missile technologies.
The security and stability of the military should be ensured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm