China’s Xi Jinping calls for powerful missile force
Beijing: The Chinese military has been ordered to build a powerful and technological missile force by Xi Jinping, the newly elected chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi, also newly elected general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, made the comments Wednesday while meeting delegates at the 8th Party congress of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA)`s Second Artillery Force, reported Xinhua.
The artillery force is the core strength of China`s strategic deterrence, the strategic support for the country`s status as a major power, and an important cornerstone safeguarding national security, Xi said.
The party and military leader stressed the absolute CPC leadership over the military, and called for promoting the PLA`s glory, fine traditions and working styles, in order to ensure the army`s "absolute loyalty, purity and reliability".
The authority of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission should be consciously safeguarded, and the military should "keep pace with" the leadership in ideology, politics and actions, Xi said.
The military "should absolutely follow the command of the CPC Central Committee and the Central Military Commission at any time and under any circumstances", he said.
Xi also ordered the training of special personnel on joint operations, information-based management and missile technologies.
The security and stability of the military should be ensured, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say