China’s Xi Jinping vows to fight against corruption
Beijing: China`s next president Xi Jinping Tuesday vowed to fight against corruption and punish every corrupt official so as to earn the trust of the people.
At a meeting of the disciplinary watchdog of the Communist Party of China (CPC), Xi, also the newly-elected CPC central committee general secretary, said anti-corruption efforts must be consistent and never slacken, Xinhua reported.
He stressed on fighting corruption in a comprehensive way, address both its symptoms and root cause and combine punishment with prevention.
He urged people to fight for clean governance.
"Power should be reined within the cage of regulations," said Xi as he ordered restraint and supervision on the use of power.
He said a disciplinary and prevention mechanism should be set up to ensure that people do not dare to and are not able to or can not easily commit corruption.
"We must not relax the use of penalties if we want to rule party members strictly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources