China’s Xi Jinping vows to fight against corruption
Beijing: China`s next president Xi Jinping Tuesday vowed to fight against corruption and punish every corrupt official so as to earn the trust of the people.
At a meeting of the disciplinary watchdog of the Communist Party of China (CPC), Xi, also the newly-elected CPC central committee general secretary, said anti-corruption efforts must be consistent and never slacken, Xinhua reported.
He stressed on fighting corruption in a comprehensive way, address both its symptoms and root cause and combine punishment with prevention.
He urged people to fight for clean governance.
"Power should be reined within the cage of regulations," said Xi as he ordered restraint and supervision on the use of power.
He said a disciplinary and prevention mechanism should be set up to ensure that people do not dare to and are not able to or can not easily commit corruption.
"We must not relax the use of penalties if we want to rule party members strictly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP