China’s Xi Jinping vows to fight against corruption
Beijing: China`s next president Xi Jinping Tuesday vowed to fight against corruption and punish every corrupt official so as to earn the trust of the people.
At a meeting of the disciplinary watchdog of the Communist Party of China (CPC), Xi, also the newly-elected CPC central committee general secretary, said anti-corruption efforts must be consistent and never slacken, Xinhua reported.
He stressed on fighting corruption in a comprehensive way, address both its symptoms and root cause and combine punishment with prevention.
He urged people to fight for clean governance.
"Power should be reined within the cage of regulations," said Xi as he ordered restraint and supervision on the use of power.
He said a disciplinary and prevention mechanism should be set up to ensure that people do not dare to and are not able to or can not easily commit corruption.
"We must not relax the use of penalties if we want to rule party members strictly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter