China`s Xinjiang region hit by 5.1magnitude quake
Beijing: A 5.1-magnitude earthquake jolted Urumqi, capital of China`s remote Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region today, state media reported.
The epicentre was at the depth of 12 km, the China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
No casualties have been reported so far.
"I was buying shawls at the International Grand Bazaar and saw people rushing out of it crazily. I ran after them and felt the quake," a tourist surnamed Cao told Xinhua news agency.
He said people calmed down afterwards and headed back to the bazaar. The quake was also felt by residents of Tianshan district of downtown Urumqi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered