China`s Xinjiang region hit by 5.1magnitude quake
Beijing: A 5.1-magnitude earthquake jolted Urumqi, capital of China`s remote Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region today, state media reported.
The epicentre was at the depth of 12 km, the China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
No casualties have been reported so far.
"I was buying shawls at the International Grand Bazaar and saw people rushing out of it crazily. I ran after them and felt the quake," a tourist surnamed Cao told Xinhua news agency.
He said people calmed down afterwards and headed back to the bazaar. The quake was also felt by residents of Tianshan district of downtown Urumqi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug