Chinese actress falls victim to major telecom fraud
Beijing: Popular Chinese actress Tang Wei of `Lust, Caution` fame fell victim to a telecom fraud in Shanghai and lost nearly USD 35,000, police said today.
Tang was shooting in a movie and television base in the eastern China city when she answered a call yesterday. She was persuaded to go to a local bank and wire 210,000 yuan (USD 34,699) to a fraud suspect, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It was not immediately clear why she chose to transfer that much money.
Police in the city`s Songjiang District received a report from Tang.
A case has been registered and probe is underway.
Tang shot to fame in Oscar-winning director Ang Lee`s 2007 spy thriller `Lust, Caution`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan