Chinese admiral visits US Navy in San Diego
San Diego (US): The commander of China`s navy is beginning his visit to the United States with a stop in San Diego, home of the US Navy fleet that leads the world`s largest maritime exercise.
Adm. Wu Shengli on Monday met with US Navy Chief of Operations, Adm. Jonathan Greenert, to visit the Third Fleet`s headquarters.
China has agreed to participate for the first time in the Rim of the Pacific exercise off Hawaii. It will be held in 2014 with more than 20 nations.
Wu and Greenert will visit the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton before traveling to Washington.
Wu`s last visit to the US was in 2007.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal