Chinese Air Force starts final phase of major exercise
Beijing: Chinese Air Force has started the third and final phase of one of its biggest exercises, meant to test the logistic ability of the world`s biggest military to move its troops.
`Mission Action 2013 C` began yesterday, official media here reported. The People`s Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force has dispatched fighters, bombers, scouts and aero-transport aircrafts for the exercise involving over 10,000 personnel.
The PLA has over 2.3 million personnel in its Army, Air Force and Navy, making it the world`s biggest defence force.
In the current exercise, the Air Force will collaborate with naval aviation forces, naval ships and land troops to conduct far-distance manoeuvres, joint air defence, air confrontation and joint aid in strange terrains and war environments.
`Mission Action 2013` is part of the annual military training plan approved by the Central Military Commission.
Ahead of the exercises, Chinese Defence Minister General Chang Wanquan called for a national defence mobilisation system that meets the needs of both emergency response and war preparation.
The current military exercise, involving over 40,000 troops, were aimed at testing the logistic ability of the army to move soldiers and machinery for long distances in war time conditions.
"The defence mobilisation system would serve civilians in peaceful times and respond to emergencies and possible wars. The country should make concrete moves towards a defence mobilisation system so that it can be well prepared for possible conflicts in the future and new circumstances," said Chang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog