Chinese airport shut for hours following kite scare
Beijing: A Chinese airport was closed down for four hours when a person started flying a kite on its runway, disrupting landing and take off operations.
Taoxian International Airport in Shenyang, capital of the northeastern province of Liaoning, resumed operation on Saturday after officials removed the person flying a kite from the landing zone.
More than 10 incoming flights and a number of outgoing flights were delayed due to the incident, Xinhua news agency reported.
The airport resumed operation at about 5 pm.
The Taoxian International Airport operates 70 domestic and 35 international flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India