Chinese airport shut for hours following kite scare
Beijing: A Chinese airport was closed down for four hours when a person started flying a kite on its runway, disrupting landing and take off operations.
Taoxian International Airport in Shenyang, capital of the northeastern province of Liaoning, resumed operation on Saturday after officials removed the person flying a kite from the landing zone.
More than 10 incoming flights and a number of outgoing flights were delayed due to the incident, Xinhua news agency reported.
The airport resumed operation at about 5 pm.
The Taoxian International Airport operates 70 domestic and 35 international flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’