Chinese army general`s son to be held for gangrape
Beijing: The son of a top Chinese army general and four other suspects will be arrested in a gangrape case after judicial authorities formally approved the action amid nation wide anger.
The 17-year-old son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts, holding the rank of a General, was arrested last month following allegations by a woman who accused the suspects of gangraping her in a bar on February 17, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
This is not the junior Li`s first run-in with the law. He and another teenager attacked a couple who allegedly blocked their driveway near the entrance of a residential community in Beijing two years ago.
He was later sent to a government correctional facility for one year but was reportedly released in six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Four killed in Bengal floods
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker