Chinese army general`s son to be held for gangrape
Beijing: The son of a top Chinese army general and four other suspects will be arrested in a gangrape case after judicial authorities formally approved the action amid nation wide anger.
The 17-year-old son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts, holding the rank of a General, was arrested last month following allegations by a woman who accused the suspects of gangraping her in a bar on February 17, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
This is not the junior Li`s first run-in with the law. He and another teenager attacked a couple who allegedly blocked their driveway near the entrance of a residential community in Beijing two years ago.
He was later sent to a government correctional facility for one year but was reportedly released in six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state