Chinese army general`s son to be held for gangrape
Beijing: The son of a top Chinese army general and four other suspects will be arrested in a gangrape case after judicial authorities formally approved the action amid nation wide anger.
The 17-year-old son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts, holding the rank of a General, was arrested last month following allegations by a woman who accused the suspects of gangraping her in a bar on February 17, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
This is not the junior Li`s first run-in with the law. He and another teenager attacked a couple who allegedly blocked their driveway near the entrance of a residential community in Beijing two years ago.
He was later sent to a government correctional facility for one year but was reportedly released in six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery