Chinese army general`s son to be held for gangrape
Beijing: The son of a top Chinese army general and four other suspects will be arrested in a gangrape case after judicial authorities formally approved the action amid nation wide anger.
The 17-year-old son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts, holding the rank of a General, was arrested last month following allegations by a woman who accused the suspects of gangraping her in a bar on February 17, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
This is not the junior Li`s first run-in with the law. He and another teenager attacked a couple who allegedly blocked their driveway near the entrance of a residential community in Beijing two years ago.
He was later sent to a government correctional facility for one year but was reportedly released in six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves