Chinese Army performs military drills
Beijing: The Chinese army has conducted a series of military drills over the past few weeks to finetune its capabilities of amphibious operations, media reports said.
The Nanjing Military Command Area held a live-ammunition drill landing combat troops. Three landing ships carrying armoured forces landed near the shore, releasing dozens of amphibian tanks, reported China Daily.
The troops underwent a simulated attack using live gunfire starting about three kilometres from the shore. They used a smokescreen device to conceal their movements, and their assault was supported by remote artillery fire.
Over 10,000 soldiers and 1,000 armoured vehicles participated in the drill, lasting for more than 20 days in August.
Landing craft and combat vessels from the navy, and the air force`s ground attack aircraft, bombers and fighter jets, as well as attack helicopters from the ground force`s aviation wing also played big roles in the drill, reported Nanfang Daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt