Chinese Army performs military drills
Beijing: The Chinese army has conducted a series of military drills over the past few weeks to finetune its capabilities of amphibious operations, media reports said.
The Nanjing Military Command Area held a live-ammunition drill landing combat troops. Three landing ships carrying armoured forces landed near the shore, releasing dozens of amphibian tanks, reported China Daily.
The troops underwent a simulated attack using live gunfire starting about three kilometres from the shore. They used a smokescreen device to conceal their movements, and their assault was supported by remote artillery fire.
Over 10,000 soldiers and 1,000 armoured vehicles participated in the drill, lasting for more than 20 days in August.
Landing craft and combat vessels from the navy, and the air force`s ground attack aircraft, bombers and fighter jets, as well as attack helicopters from the ground force`s aviation wing also played big roles in the drill, reported Nanfang Daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing