Chinese Army performs military drills
Beijing: The Chinese army has conducted a series of military drills over the past few weeks to finetune its capabilities of amphibious operations, media reports said.
The Nanjing Military Command Area held a live-ammunition drill landing combat troops. Three landing ships carrying armoured forces landed near the shore, releasing dozens of amphibian tanks, reported China Daily.
The troops underwent a simulated attack using live gunfire starting about three kilometres from the shore. They used a smokescreen device to conceal their movements, and their assault was supported by remote artillery fire.
Over 10,000 soldiers and 1,000 armoured vehicles participated in the drill, lasting for more than 20 days in August.
Landing craft and combat vessels from the navy, and the air force`s ground attack aircraft, bombers and fighter jets, as well as attack helicopters from the ground force`s aviation wing also played big roles in the drill, reported Nanfang Daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery