Chinese Army to revamp evaluation system
Beijing: People`s Liberation Army (PLA) is mulling to revamp its official evaluation system amid a widening anti-corruption campaign in the country.
Evaluations of army officials should focus on their political reliability, competence, clean conduct and trustworthiness, Xinhua quoted a document issued by the PLA General Political Department with the authorisation of Chinese President Xi Jinping and the Central Military Commission (CMC).
It said that those in charge of official evaluations should first seek advice from the Communist Party of China (CPC) committees at all levels.
They must also consult disciplinary organs to check whether the officials are honest and self-disciplined, the document said, adding that results of the evaluations would serve as an important reference for official selections and appointments.
The Chinese president is also chairman of the CMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez