Chinese army urged to be combat ready
Beijing: A senior Chinese military official has called on the armed forces to strengthen combat preparedness and ensure victories in wars, reports Xinhua.
Fan Changlong, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), made the remarks during an inspection tour of troops in east China`s Jiangsu, Fujian and Zhejiang provinces.
The army should always maintain its readiness and fighting abilities to ensure victory, Fan said.
He urged all military staff to comprehend and implement the key points conveyed in a speech by Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the CMC.
"Military officers and soldiers must be absolutely loyal, pure and reliable, and firmly follow the directions...," Fan said.
He urged military staff to step up training, especially in complex situations such as electromagnetic environment and field operations.
Training must be strict and targeted to meet real wartime needs rather than a show, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding