Chinese army urged to be combat ready
Beijing: A senior Chinese military official has called on the armed forces to strengthen combat preparedness and ensure victories in wars, reports Xinhua.
Fan Changlong, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), made the remarks during an inspection tour of troops in east China`s Jiangsu, Fujian and Zhejiang provinces.
The army should always maintain its readiness and fighting abilities to ensure victory, Fan said.
He urged all military staff to comprehend and implement the key points conveyed in a speech by Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the CMC.
"Military officers and soldiers must be absolutely loyal, pure and reliable, and firmly follow the directions...," Fan said.
He urged military staff to step up training, especially in complex situations such as electromagnetic environment and field operations.
Training must be strict and targeted to meet real wartime needs rather than a show, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress