Chinese authorities beat Chen`s relatives
Beijing: Relatives of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng said that they were beaten and harassed by government officials seeking retribution.
According to Sky News, local authorities tacked metal covers to the windows and periodically turned off the electricity, family members said. In an interview conducted outside Dongshigu village, Chen`s elder brother said that police, who were determined to find out how Chen managed to evade the multiple layers of security that surrounded his home, tortured him.
"They handcuffed me, and tied me to a chair. Then, they chained my legs together and began to hit me around the head. They removed my own leather belt, looped it together, and then hit me with that as well," Chen Guangfu said.
Guangfu`s chief concern is for his son, Chen Kegui, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, after he tried to defend himself during beating by police when they forced in their house after Chen Guangcheng escaped.
Chen`s elderly mother, Wang Jinxiang, 78, wept as she recounted years of intimidation. "The men follow men, sometimes three or four at a time. They search my clothes, my bag, and my pockets. Sometimes even my shoes," She said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders