Chinese authorities beat Chen`s relatives
Beijing: Relatives of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng said that they were beaten and harassed by government officials seeking retribution.
According to Sky News, local authorities tacked metal covers to the windows and periodically turned off the electricity, family members said. In an interview conducted outside Dongshigu village, Chen`s elder brother said that police, who were determined to find out how Chen managed to evade the multiple layers of security that surrounded his home, tortured him.
"They handcuffed me, and tied me to a chair. Then, they chained my legs together and began to hit me around the head. They removed my own leather belt, looped it together, and then hit me with that as well," Chen Guangfu said.
Guangfu`s chief concern is for his son, Chen Kegui, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, after he tried to defend himself during beating by police when they forced in their house after Chen Guangcheng escaped.
Chen`s elderly mother, Wang Jinxiang, 78, wept as she recounted years of intimidation. "The men follow men, sometimes three or four at a time. They search my clothes, my bag, and my pockets. Sometimes even my shoes," She said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata