Chinese authorities beat Chen`s relatives
Beijing: Relatives of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng said that they were beaten and harassed by government officials seeking retribution.
According to Sky News, local authorities tacked metal covers to the windows and periodically turned off the electricity, family members said. In an interview conducted outside Dongshigu village, Chen`s elder brother said that police, who were determined to find out how Chen managed to evade the multiple layers of security that surrounded his home, tortured him.
"They handcuffed me, and tied me to a chair. Then, they chained my legs together and began to hit me around the head. They removed my own leather belt, looped it together, and then hit me with that as well," Chen Guangfu said.
Guangfu`s chief concern is for his son, Chen Kegui, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, after he tried to defend himself during beating by police when they forced in their house after Chen Guangcheng escaped.
Chen`s elderly mother, Wang Jinxiang, 78, wept as she recounted years of intimidation. "The men follow men, sometimes three or four at a time. They search my clothes, my bag, and my pockets. Sometimes even my shoes," She said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan