Chinese boat detained in Japan
Tokyo: A Chinese fishing boat was detained Tuesday near the Japanese coast for allegedly fishing in Japan`s exclusive economic waters with authorization, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese Consulate General in Fukuoka said the Zhe Ling Yu 23638 fishing boat was detained around noon near the waters of Goto city in Nagasaki prefecture.
There were seven fishermen on the boat. They were detained by authorities.
The consulate urged the Japanese side to ensure the safety of the fishermen.
Another Chinese fishing boat was detained Feb 2 by Japan`s coast guard in Okinawa. But the boat and all crew members were released a day later.
China recently urged Japan to create conditions for the normal development of bilateral relations, hampered by territorial disputes.
Beijing urged Tokyo to stick to the path of peaceful development after the latter announced it will increase the country`s defence budget by around $440 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list