Chinese boat detained in Japan
Tokyo: A Chinese fishing boat was detained Tuesday near the Japanese coast for allegedly fishing in Japan`s exclusive economic waters with authorization, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese Consulate General in Fukuoka said the Zhe Ling Yu 23638 fishing boat was detained around noon near the waters of Goto city in Nagasaki prefecture.
There were seven fishermen on the boat. They were detained by authorities.
The consulate urged the Japanese side to ensure the safety of the fishermen.
Another Chinese fishing boat was detained Feb 2 by Japan`s coast guard in Okinawa. But the boat and all crew members were released a day later.
China recently urged Japan to create conditions for the normal development of bilateral relations, hampered by territorial disputes.
Beijing urged Tokyo to stick to the path of peaceful development after the latter announced it will increase the country`s defence budget by around $440 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days