Chinese boat detained in Japan
Tokyo: A Chinese fishing boat was detained Tuesday near the Japanese coast for allegedly fishing in Japan`s exclusive economic waters with authorization, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese Consulate General in Fukuoka said the Zhe Ling Yu 23638 fishing boat was detained around noon near the waters of Goto city in Nagasaki prefecture.
There were seven fishermen on the boat. They were detained by authorities.
The consulate urged the Japanese side to ensure the safety of the fishermen.
Another Chinese fishing boat was detained Feb 2 by Japan`s coast guard in Okinawa. But the boat and all crew members were released a day later.
China recently urged Japan to create conditions for the normal development of bilateral relations, hampered by territorial disputes.
Beijing urged Tokyo to stick to the path of peaceful development after the latter announced it will increase the country`s defence budget by around $440 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!