Chinese boy survives after AC breaks his fourth storey fall
Beijing: In a lucky save, a five-year-old Chinese boy survived a fall from his fourth storey apartment after getting trapped between an air conditioner and the wall of the building for an agonising 40 minutes.
The little boy named Wenbo was rescued by neighbours earlier this week after getting stuck against the wall in the city of Shishi, in Fujian Province, China.
Wenbo`s father, Wang Zhicheng, left for work while his son was napping, thinking the boy would be asleep till the time he was out.
However, the boy woke up before Zhicheng could return and somehow managed to open one of the windows of their apartment, media reports said.
He plunged from the window, but fortunately the air conditioning unit from the floor below broke his fall, and Wenbo got wedged between the wall and the AC.
Neighbours in the apartment complex were alarmed to hear the boy`s desperate cries.
"Looking out, I was terrified to see a boy was struggling in the air, with his head stuck behind the air conditioner," a neighbour said.
The neighbours rushed to save the struggling Wenbo, breaking into his apartment.
One of the neighbours grabbed the boy`s head, preventing him from slipping down further.
After around 40 minutes, Wenbo was finally rescued.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3