Chinese city adopts `shoot to kill` for school attackers
Beijing: A Chinese city has ordered police to
shoot to kill anyone attempting to harm students, following a
spate of violent attacks against children that have stunned
the nation, state press said today.
The southwestern municipality of Chongqing, a city of
over 30 million people, issued the order after China`s public
security ministry called for stepped up security around
schools and kindergartens nationwide.
"The police have clear regulations in these odious cases
where direct attacks occurring at or in the vicinity of
schools have injured students or children," the Chongqing
Evening News reported.
"If they cannot contain the violent acts, police can
shoot to kill in accordance with the law."
The order comes after a series of attacks on children
On Friday, a farmer armed with a hammer injured five
children and a teacher at a primary school in the eastern
province of Shandong before setting himself on fire.
A day earlier, a jobless man apparently angry over a
series of personal and professional setbacks slashed 29
children and three adults at a kindergarten in the eastern
city of Taixing, armed with a knife used for slaughtering
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'