Chinese Communist Party holds key meet to finalise new Cabinet
Beijing: As China`s Communist Party prepares to form a brand new government early next week, the new leadership of the ruling party Tuesday discussed composition of the Cabinet as well as the names of candidates for state leadership posts and restructuring of government departments.
The three-day meeting of the Central Committee of the Party, which began today, discussed a list of candidates for state leadership positions, the state media reported.
These names will be proposed to the national legislature - the National People’s Congress (NPC) - which begins its annual session in the first week of next month.
The name-lists were proposed by the Political Bureau of the 18th CPC Central Committee headed by the new leader of the Party, Xi Jinping.
He will take over as President during the first annual session of the 12th NPC beginning on March 5, after the retirement of the outgoing leader Hu Jintao.
A draft plan on institutional restructuring and transformation of government departments will also be discussed at the CPC Central Committee plenary session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!