Chinese Communist Party holds key meet to finalise new Cabinet
Beijing: As China`s Communist Party prepares to form a brand new government early next week, the new leadership of the ruling party Tuesday discussed composition of the Cabinet as well as the names of candidates for state leadership posts and restructuring of government departments.
The three-day meeting of the Central Committee of the Party, which began today, discussed a list of candidates for state leadership positions, the state media reported.
These names will be proposed to the national legislature - the National People’s Congress (NPC) - which begins its annual session in the first week of next month.
The name-lists were proposed by the Political Bureau of the 18th CPC Central Committee headed by the new leader of the Party, Xi Jinping.
He will take over as President during the first annual session of the 12th NPC beginning on March 5, after the retirement of the outgoing leader Hu Jintao.
A draft plan on institutional restructuring and transformation of government departments will also be discussed at the CPC Central Committee plenary session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award