Chinese Communist Party holds key meet to finalise new Cabinet
Beijing: As China`s Communist Party prepares to form a brand new government early next week, the new leadership of the ruling party Tuesday discussed composition of the Cabinet as well as the names of candidates for state leadership posts and restructuring of government departments.
The three-day meeting of the Central Committee of the Party, which began today, discussed a list of candidates for state leadership positions, the state media reported.
These names will be proposed to the national legislature - the National People’s Congress (NPC) - which begins its annual session in the first week of next month.
The name-lists were proposed by the Political Bureau of the 18th CPC Central Committee headed by the new leader of the Party, Xi Jinping.
He will take over as President during the first annual session of the 12th NPC beginning on March 5, after the retirement of the outgoing leader Hu Jintao.
A draft plan on institutional restructuring and transformation of government departments will also be discussed at the CPC Central Committee plenary session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured