Chinese Communist Party official sacked over sex scandal
Beijing: A senior Communist Party school official in northwest China`s Shaanxi province has been dismissed from his post and expelled from the party over a sex scandal, a local anti-graft agency said Monday.
The punishment came after an official investigation into Qin Guogang, vice-president of the party school of the Shaanxi committee of the Communist Party of China, over allegations of a sexual relationship with a female post-graduate in the school, Xinhua reported.
The CPC`s Shaanxi provincial disciplinary commission gave no further details.
Qin was embroiled in a sex scandal after photos of a naked man resembling him appeared online last Monday.
According to posts in cyberspace, he maintained sexual relations with the post-graduate for more than a year with the promise of marrying her, only for he and his wife to later beat the student in a school office.
The photos were stills from a video shot Aug 13, 2013, in the residence of the post-graduate, according to Qu Jianguo, the woman`s lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!
- Narendra Modi became PM only to `murder` you! Get a life Mr Arvind Kejriwal
- Toyota falls behind Volkswagen in world`s biggest automaker race
- Know explosive details about Samjhauta Express blast, 'Hindu terror', Ishrat Jahan from the horse's mouth