Chinese Communist Party official sacked over sex scandal
Beijing: A senior Communist Party school official in northwest China`s Shaanxi province has been dismissed from his post and expelled from the party over a sex scandal, a local anti-graft agency said Monday.
The punishment came after an official investigation into Qin Guogang, vice-president of the party school of the Shaanxi committee of the Communist Party of China, over allegations of a sexual relationship with a female post-graduate in the school, Xinhua reported.
The CPC`s Shaanxi provincial disciplinary commission gave no further details.
Qin was embroiled in a sex scandal after photos of a naked man resembling him appeared online last Monday.
According to posts in cyberspace, he maintained sexual relations with the post-graduate for more than a year with the promise of marrying her, only for he and his wife to later beat the student in a school office.
The photos were stills from a video shot Aug 13, 2013, in the residence of the post-graduate, according to Qu Jianguo, the woman`s lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees