Chinese Communist Party official sacked over sex scandal
Beijing: A senior Communist Party school official in northwest China`s Shaanxi province has been dismissed from his post and expelled from the party over a sex scandal, a local anti-graft agency said Monday.
The punishment came after an official investigation into Qin Guogang, vice-president of the party school of the Shaanxi committee of the Communist Party of China, over allegations of a sexual relationship with a female post-graduate in the school, Xinhua reported.
The CPC`s Shaanxi provincial disciplinary commission gave no further details.
Qin was embroiled in a sex scandal after photos of a naked man resembling him appeared online last Monday.
According to posts in cyberspace, he maintained sexual relations with the post-graduate for more than a year with the promise of marrying her, only for he and his wife to later beat the student in a school office.
The photos were stills from a video shot Aug 13, 2013, in the residence of the post-graduate, according to Qu Jianguo, the woman`s lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened