Chinese Communist Party plans to establish its branch in space
Beijing: The Communist Party of China, the world`s largest political party, has ambitions to establish its first branch up in space when the country`s permanent space station is completed by 2020.
The ruling party on Tuesday celebrated the launch of China`s fifth manned space mission with three astronauts onboard Shenzhou-10.
"Three Communists in space" is how the state-run news agency Xinhua portrayed astronauts Nie Haisheng, Zhang Xiaoguang and Wang Yaping.
"All of them are members of the CPC" the report said. The report recalled an interview of Yang Liwei, the country`s first astronaut, in which he said, "If the country has its own space station, Chinese astronauts, who are party members, might set up a party branch up there."
Yang had said in that interview that Chinese astronauts might not pray like their foreign counterparts do before they set off on a space mission, however, Communism, as their shared faith, supports them.
Party membership is a prerequisite for success in China in all walks of life, including the space.
Despite ideological dilution after the death of its founder, Mao Zedong, CPC, with a membership of 80,269,000 has all pervasive presence in China with even the country`s military, the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), functioning under the command of its leadership.
President Xi Jinping, the general secretary of the party, is the Chairman of the Military Commission which formed part of the PLA high command looking after the China`s Space programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon