Chinese cop detained for `hurling seven-month old` onto ground over bet
London: A police officer in China has been detained after allegedly grabbing a baby from her father`s arms and hurling her onto the ground after a bet with his friend.
The seven-month-old infant suffered a fractured skull, but is now said to be out of danger.
The apparently drunk officer, Guo Zengxi in Linzhou, Henan province, hurled the infant after making a bet with his friend that the girl was only a doll.
According to the BBC, initially he is said to have received only a 15-day confinement but that sparked an outcry on social media.
Following a furious response on social media at his initial 15-day punishment, an investigative team was sent to look into his case, and the policeman was later arrested, said public security chief Guo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach