Chinese cop detained for `hurling seven-month old` onto ground over bet
London: A police officer in China has been detained after allegedly grabbing a baby from her father`s arms and hurling her onto the ground after a bet with his friend.
The seven-month-old infant suffered a fractured skull, but is now said to be out of danger.
The apparently drunk officer, Guo Zengxi in Linzhou, Henan province, hurled the infant after making a bet with his friend that the girl was only a doll.
According to the BBC, initially he is said to have received only a 15-day confinement but that sparked an outcry on social media.
Following a furious response on social media at his initial 15-day punishment, an investigative team was sent to look into his case, and the policeman was later arrested, said public security chief Guo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam