Chinese cop detained for `hurling seven-month old` onto ground over bet
London: A police officer in China has been detained after allegedly grabbing a baby from her father`s arms and hurling her onto the ground after a bet with his friend.
The seven-month-old infant suffered a fractured skull, but is now said to be out of danger.
The apparently drunk officer, Guo Zengxi in Linzhou, Henan province, hurled the infant after making a bet with his friend that the girl was only a doll.
According to the BBC, initially he is said to have received only a 15-day confinement but that sparked an outcry on social media.
Following a furious response on social media at his initial 15-day punishment, an investigative team was sent to look into his case, and the policeman was later arrested, said public security chief Guo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!