Chinese cop detained for `hurling seven-month old` onto ground over bet
London: A police officer in China has been detained after allegedly grabbing a baby from her father`s arms and hurling her onto the ground after a bet with his friend.
The seven-month-old infant suffered a fractured skull, but is now said to be out of danger.
The apparently drunk officer, Guo Zengxi in Linzhou, Henan province, hurled the infant after making a bet with his friend that the girl was only a doll.
According to the BBC, initially he is said to have received only a 15-day confinement but that sparked an outcry on social media.
Following a furious response on social media at his initial 15-day punishment, an investigative team was sent to look into his case, and the policeman was later arrested, said public security chief Guo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse
- 46th day of curfew, restrictions cripple Kashmir