Chinese court upholds sentence to `Sister House`
Beijing: A Chinese court today upheld the sentence of a former banker, mocked by Chinese netizens as "Sister House", for faking IDs.
Gong Aiai, 49, had been sentenced to three years in jail for forging and trading official documents at her first trial in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province on September 29.
The Intermediate People`s Court in Yulin City today upheld the verdict, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The court heard that the former deputy head of the Shenmu County Rural Commercial Bank in Yulin City illegally purchased Beijing hukou (residency) for her daughter and herself at a cost of 300,000 yuan (USD 48,859) in 2005, to allow her to buy houses in the capital.
According to the police, Gong had four hukou IDs and possessed 44 Beijing properties with total floor space of 10,543 square meters. The total property value amounted to 395 million yuan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read