Chinese dancers do Bharatnatyam at state dinner in Beijing
Beijing: A Bharatnatyam recital by Chinese dancers, Indian and Chinese music and dishes comprising golden fungus soup, crisp duck rolls and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honeylocust fruit was on the menu during a banquet hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping for visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Wednesday.
The banquet by the Chinese president, a rare honour, was held at Villa no. 18, Diaoyutai State Guest House.
The Chinese president and his wife, Peng Liyuan, a renowned Chinese contemporary folk singer, hosted the dinner for Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
The dishes on the table were golden fungus soup, stir-fried lobster, codfish in Sichuan sauce, crisp duck rolls, curry mutton chops, pine mushroom and leaf mustard soup, and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honey locust fruit, pastries and fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder