Chinese dancers do Bharatnatyam at state dinner in Beijing
Beijing: A Bharatnatyam recital by Chinese dancers, Indian and Chinese music and dishes comprising golden fungus soup, crisp duck rolls and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honeylocust fruit was on the menu during a banquet hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping for visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Wednesday.
The banquet by the Chinese president, a rare honour, was held at Villa no. 18, Diaoyutai State Guest House.
The Chinese president and his wife, Peng Liyuan, a renowned Chinese contemporary folk singer, hosted the dinner for Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
The dishes on the table were golden fungus soup, stir-fried lobster, codfish in Sichuan sauce, crisp duck rolls, curry mutton chops, pine mushroom and leaf mustard soup, and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honey locust fruit, pastries and fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister