Chinese dancers do Bharatnatyam at state dinner in Beijing
Beijing: A Bharatnatyam recital by Chinese dancers, Indian and Chinese music and dishes comprising golden fungus soup, crisp duck rolls and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honeylocust fruit was on the menu during a banquet hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping for visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Wednesday.
The banquet by the Chinese president, a rare honour, was held at Villa no. 18, Diaoyutai State Guest House.
The Chinese president and his wife, Peng Liyuan, a renowned Chinese contemporary folk singer, hosted the dinner for Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
The dishes on the table were golden fungus soup, stir-fried lobster, codfish in Sichuan sauce, crisp duck rolls, curry mutton chops, pine mushroom and leaf mustard soup, and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honey locust fruit, pastries and fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui