Chinese dancers do Bharatnatyam at state dinner in Beijing
Beijing: A Bharatnatyam recital by Chinese dancers, Indian and Chinese music and dishes comprising golden fungus soup, crisp duck rolls and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honeylocust fruit was on the menu during a banquet hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping for visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Wednesday.
The banquet by the Chinese president, a rare honour, was held at Villa no. 18, Diaoyutai State Guest House.
The Chinese president and his wife, Peng Liyuan, a renowned Chinese contemporary folk singer, hosted the dinner for Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
The dishes on the table were golden fungus soup, stir-fried lobster, codfish in Sichuan sauce, crisp duck rolls, curry mutton chops, pine mushroom and leaf mustard soup, and dessert of cream of wolfberries and honey locust fruit, pastries and fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA