Chinese fighter jet nose-dives into field at show
Beijing: A fighter jet has crashed during an exhibition at an air show in central China, though there are no reports of casualties.
Footage aired by China Central Television shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field as the pilot ejects from the cockpit and falls to the ground beneath an open parachute. That and other reports said Friday`s accident occurred outside the city of Xi`an.
The reports identify the plane as a "Flying Leopard." Also known as the JH-7, the two-seater fighter is a stalwart of the Chinese military.
He Hui, a manager of one of air show organiser Xi`an Greenland Pico, says the pilot was unhurt and there were no injuries on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?