Chinese fighter jet nose-dives into field at show
Beijing: A fighter jet has crashed during an exhibition at an air show in central China, though there are no reports of casualties.
Footage aired by China Central Television shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field as the pilot ejects from the cockpit and falls to the ground beneath an open parachute. That and other reports said Friday`s accident occurred outside the city of Xi`an.
The reports identify the plane as a "Flying Leopard." Also known as the JH-7, the two-seater fighter is a stalwart of the Chinese military.
He Hui, a manager of one of air show organiser Xi`an Greenland Pico, says the pilot was unhurt and there were no injuries on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt