Chinese fighter jet nose-dives into field at show
Beijing: A fighter jet has crashed during an exhibition at an air show in central China, though there are no reports of casualties.
Footage aired by China Central Television shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field as the pilot ejects from the cockpit and falls to the ground beneath an open parachute. That and other reports said Friday`s accident occurred outside the city of Xi`an.
The reports identify the plane as a "Flying Leopard." Also known as the JH-7, the two-seater fighter is a stalwart of the Chinese military.
He Hui, a manager of one of air show organiser Xi`an Greenland Pico, says the pilot was unhurt and there were no injuries on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest