Chinese fighter jet nose-dives into field at show
Beijing: A fighter jet has crashed during an exhibition at an air show in central China, though there are no reports of casualties.
Footage aired by China Central Television shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field as the pilot ejects from the cockpit and falls to the ground beneath an open parachute. That and other reports said Friday`s accident occurred outside the city of Xi`an.
The reports identify the plane as a "Flying Leopard." Also known as the JH-7, the two-seater fighter is a stalwart of the Chinese military.
He Hui, a manager of one of air show organiser Xi`an Greenland Pico, says the pilot was unhurt and there were no injuries on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test