Chinese firm sues Obama over blocking wind farms
Washington: Chinese-owned Ralls Corp. has sued US President Barack Obama for blocking a wind farm project, claiming that his order gave no detailed explanation.
In a complaint filed Monday in the US District Court here, Ralls Corp. said Obama acted in "an unlawful and unauthorized manner" in issuing the order.
He gave no "reasoned explanation" for his decision to use a defence law in prohibiting the acquisition and ordering the company to divest four wind farms, Xinhua reported.
Obama and the CFIUS (foreign investment committee) failed to give it enough opportunity to be heard prior to prohibiting its acquisition of the wind farms, Ralls contended.
"Ralls continues to show its profound faith in transparency and due process, and seeks only fair treatment under the law and the Constitution," counsel for Ralls Corp. Tim Xia said in a statement.
President Obama Friday issued a presidential order to prevent Ralls Corp., from owning four wind farms in Boardman, Oregon, citing national security risks for their locations near the naval weapons systems training facility.
Ralls Corp. is owned by two executives of Sany Group, China`s largest machinery manufacturer.
It was the first time in 22 years that a US president has blocked such a foreign business deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH